Keeping Grout Clean is one of the top questions we receive here at Tile Maryland. If your grout was properly sealed during installation then clean-up should be a snap. Lets cover a few tips on cleaning your grout and then discuss what to do if your grout won't come clean or if it has been damaged.
- Remove any surface materials by first sweeping the area and then using a wet mop (water only).
- Never, ever, use Chlorox on grout. Colored grout will fade and even white grout which has stood the test of time will show the subtle variation.
- If you do use a cleaning product make sure the doors and windows are open and a fan is running to get plenty of fresh ventilation flowing through and remember to wear gloves and eye-protection.
- Use a good commercial product, like Oxyclean, to scrub your grout-lines with a stiff brush
- Never use wire-brushes
- Test your grout cleaner on a small hidden area of grout first to make sure that it provides the results you desire.